Sunday 31 January 2016

Magazine Advert

For my magazine advert, I chose to feature my digi pack front cover as the main image. This is good for the band as this creates recognition for the artist and album at the same time. When people are wanting to purchase a CD, they'll recognise the album art from the poster and are therefore more likely to buy the CD as they view it as looking familiar to them.

I removed the band name from the image and replaced it with some more doodles to match the existing ones on the digi pack cover. This balanced out the amount of doodles as there would be too much whitespace on the left compared to the right hand side of the image.

I added two blue rectangles above and below the image as a background for the text. I took this colour from the blue piece of tape on the album cover by using the Eye Dropper Tool. I think that this colour works well on the magazine advert as it compliments the pastel coloured colour scheme of the music video and the digi pack cover as well as tying in with the tape on the image.

I used the same handwritten font used on the album cover to use on the band name placed at the top of the advert. This is so that the handmade feel to the album cover also shines through on the advert.






Next I added text at the bottom of the advert, advertising the hit singles that were on the album. I used a sans serif font to contrast against the handwritten font used on the rest of the advert. To add even more contrast, I made the text sizes drastically different from each other and then used black and white as the text colours to make the track titles stand out.

Finally, I added a small image of the logo of the publisher in the bottom left corner of the advert, out of the way from the important information of the album that the audience should notice first.












No comments:

Post a Comment