Monday 25 January 2016

Digi Pack: Back Cover


This is the back cover for my digi pack.



I started with editing the image that I had chosen to feature on the back cover. I altered the exposure, contrast and saturation and then added a purple tint to the image. In Photoshop, I cropped the image to fit the square canvas. I then used the Smudge Tool to get rid of some of the small flaws on the model's skin and to even out her makeup.

I positioned her at the right hand side of the canvas so that the track titles could be inserted next to her.


Next, I downloaded different typefaces from dafont.com and used them for the fonts of the track titles. I mainly chose handwritten fonts to give a playful, handmade vibe to the cover and then arranged the text in a jumbled fashion to add to the affect. I chose to make each track name a different size to create contrast against each other to give a bold impact to the audience.



After that, I added a barcode and details about the band and publisher to the bottom left of the cover. I positioned them here because it would mean that they would be out of the way of the main image and text.




Finally, I made the purple background larger so that the cover had a spill area. This is so that when being printed, there would be room for minor error of positioning.  



No comments:

Post a Comment